From Pelle Billing:
Men in every civilized country have the right to claim:
- That paternity be routinely established using DNA testing.
- That an established paternity automatically enable the same rights and responsibilities as an established maternity.
- That the default arrangement after a separation be joint legal and physical custody of any children; only to be changed if the parents voluntarily decide to do so, or if one of the parties be determined unfit to be a parent by a court of law.
- That women’s shelters receive no government grants unless they are transformed into human shelters, where all victims of domestic violence can get the help they need (women, men, children).
- That all human shelters be run professionally, under the same strict standards as those of other social services.
- That the military be staffed by people who apply voluntarily, and who receive a fair and reasonable compensation for the risks they assume.
- That conscription be used only for extreme reasons of national safety, and that such a measure be gender neutral.
- That the principle of “innocent until proven guilty” be upheld at all times, including allegations of rape or sexual harassment.
- That gender research be as free from ideology as any other academic field.
- That male expendability be recognized as a major gender issue.
- That boys be allowed to be proud of their coming manhood.
- That schools recognize the needs of boys and the learning styles of boys, so as to give them a fair chance of performing well.
- That men’s groups be given the same legal and practical opportunities as women’s groups to obtain funding.
- That male sexuality be portrayed in a positive and encouraging manner.
- That male circumcision only be legal for adults who voluntarily choose this kind of surgery.
- That prisons be organized in such a way as to prevent rape and other forms of assault.
- That meritocracy be the governing principle in the labor market, and that all forms of affirmative action and gender quotas disappear.
- That misandry be opposed just as vehemently as misogyny.
- That all legislation discriminating against men be made gender neutral or removed.
- That the historical sacrifice of the male gender role be recognized to the same extent as the historical sacrifice of the female gender role.
So I found this manifesto to be an interesting read and it appears to present fairly some of the major issues the men’s rights movement is aiming to address.